Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Through the eyes of a dog

My name is Spot. I am the smartest type of dog, which would be a lab. I live in a dog pin somewhere in Texas. Most of the time it is really boring. I mean I cant really complain much since I get free food and have such nice human friends. Since they are so nice they let me out of my pin to roam the world. So one day I decided to go further than my usual route and go just a little further. Along the way I chased a couple of cars and small varmints. I finally got to the point where I was pretty sure I was lost. I decided since it was getting dark I should probably just stay where I was and wait till sunrise. All of a sudden I heard a ferocious growl. Me being the brave dog I was barked back. Then I saw a giant kitty! He was just as big as me. So I stood my ground and he began to get closer. I then saw him as an enemy. The giant cat was then mauling me. I started to fight back. I began to think it was over but I kept trying. By the end of the fight I had injured my front right leg. I really did'nt think that I was going to make it by sunrise. I was left with no choice except to find my way at night. So i started along the trail that my senses told me to follow. I then saw a dog of some kind. Except it was grey and mangy. It almost looked like a thing called a coyote that my human fried had hunted before. He turned around and look at me and walked over. I dont know how he knew but he asked me if I needed directions. So of course I said yes. After he told me the directions he asked me why I was limping. When I told him he looked shocked. He said that I had just beat a mountain lion. Well at least I have something new to tell the other dogs if I ever made it home. The coyotes directions were almost exact. They led me right into a familiar canyon. I then knew nothing could stop me. I saw my home! I was so excited. My human friend then saw that I was hurting. But of course being the good human he was he took me to a place called the Vat ... or maybe it was Vet, something along those lines. That night when I got back I told my other three dog freinds all about it. My best dog freind Cookie asked me if I had learned a lesson from this experience. I replied yes... DONT ever go past the canyon.

0 comments: